ZTE has started rolling out the Axon 20 5G, the world’s first under-display camera smartphone globally starting from today, December 21st, after it was introduced in China back in December. Priced at $449 (Rs. 33,090 approx.) / €449 / £419 depending on the market, the ZTE Axon 20 5G will be first available in the limited edition black color for users who have invitation codes. Users can join the brand’s campaign, New Vision Club and be one of the first to purchase the ZTE Axon 20 5G and get a free pair of ZTE LiveBuds TWS earphones as a new year’s gift, said ZTE.
It will be available in EU (Austria, Italy, Belgium, Latvia, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Croatia, Luxembourg, Cyprus, Malta, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Denmark, Poland, Estonia, Portugal, Finland, Romania, France, Slovakia, Germany, Slovenia, Greece, Spain, Hungary,
Sweden, Ireland), United Kingdom as well as Korea, Ukraine, Thailand, Malay, Philippines, UAE, Saudi Arabia and South Africa.
To remind you, the phone packs a 6.92-inch OLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, is powered by Snapdragon 765G with liquid cooling, nano-fiber thermal pad and graphite sheet, up to 8GB of RAM, runs Android 10 with MiFlavor 10.5 UI on top, features a 64-megapixel rear camera along with 8-megapixel 120° ultra wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel depth sensor and a 2-megapixel macro camera.
The Ultra-high-transmittance micron-level new materials in the display includes, Transparent cathode, Special OLED and a Transparent array. The phone has an independently driven screen display chip with highly integrated minimalist circuit design to avoid the interference of complex circuits on the camera and improve the effect of front camera photography. The special pixel arrangement makes the display more natural. The triple proactive algorithm makes the images from the 32-megapixel camera better. Under the screen it has a camera, light sensor, screen sound unit, and an under-screen fingerprint scanner.
The phone has a gradient 3D glass back with ten-layer structure stack design, vacuum optical coating process, nano-level streamer texture, and elegant curves. The phone packs a 4220mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ and 30W fast charging that can charge the phone up to 60% in 30 minutes.
ZTE AXON 20 5G specifications
- 6.92-inch (2460 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 20.5:9 display, 90Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 2TB
- Android 10 with MiFlavor 10.5
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP under-screen front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 172.1×77.9×7.98mm; Weight: 198g
- USB Type-C audio, DTS:X Ultra
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4220mAh (typical) / 4120mAh (minimum) battery with 30W fast charging, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+