After the press renders of Galaxy A72 5G that surfaced last month, more renders and some specifications of the Galaxy A72 4G has surfaced. This shows a 6.7-inch FHD+ punch-hole display, rectangular rear camera housing with quad camera setup. Recent rumour revealed that the phone will feature a 90Hz refresh rate display, the first time for Samsung, is said to be powered by Snapdragon 720G SoC with up to 8GB of RAM.
It is also said to come with IP67 certification for dust and water resistance. New rumour indicates 64MP main camera and a 12MP ultra-wide camera similar to the A52 5G, but this is said to come with a 8MP telephoto camera with 2x zoom and a 2MP macro camera. This might be true looking at the size of the third sensor in the render that is bigger than the A52 5G. The phone is expected to pack a 5000mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy A72 rumoured specifications
- 6.7-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity-O Display with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core Snapdragon 720G 8nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.3GHz Kryo 465 A76 + Hexa 1.8GHz Kryo 465 A55 CPUs) with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 128GB internal storage / 8GB RAM with 256GB internal storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 11 with Samsung One UI 3.1
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera, 12MP ultra-wide angle camera, 8MP telephoto camera with 2x zoom, 2MP macro camera
- 32MP front camera
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Pay
- Water resistant (IP67)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 25W fast adaptive charging
The Samsung Galaxy A72 should come in Black, White, Blue and Violet colours and is expected to be introduced sometime in March priced around €449 (US$ 544 / Rs. 39,546 approx.) in Europe.