After rolling out realme UI 2.0 Early Access build, based on Android 11, for multiple devices, including realme X3, realme X3 SuperZoom, realme 6, realme X2, realme C12, and realme C15, realme has now announced Android 11 based realme UI 2.0 Early Access program for realme 7i users in India. To recall, the realme 7i was introduced in India back in October. The smartphone features a 90Hz refresh rate display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 mobile platform, a 64MP rear camera setup, and a large 5,000mAh battery.
How do I apply for realme UI 2.0 Early Access program?
realme 7i users running RMX2103PU_11_A.37 firmware version are eligible to apply for the program. Users can simply head over to Settings ⇾ Software Update ⇾ Tap on the settings icon in the top right corner ⇾ Trial Version ⇾ Apply Now ⇾ Submit your details and finish the quiz.
The company says that the users will get the update soon after the successful submission, but at the time of writing the post, we couldn’t find confirmation on realme Community. So, we guess that the company is yet to begin the roll-out.
Things to keep in mind before updating to realme UI 2.0 Early Access version!
There must be at least 5 GB of free storage on the device and the device must not be rooted. realme advises to back up personal data before proceeding with the process and says that there may be unpredictable effects on your phone which might affect day-to-day performance, but that’s something obvious considering these are Early Access builds. realme also warns that some functions may not operate properly because of third-party firmware incompatibility.
Must Read Before Apply(Disclaimer):
Please make sure your phone is not rooted.
• To prevent data loss, please backup your personal data before proceeding.
• Some third-party application versions might not be compatible with Android 11 yet, after updating these applications might not be available or crashing down on your device.Therefore, it is recommended to update all your applications to the latest version available in the Play Store before your update.
• The Early Access versions may have an unpredictable impact on your phone and effect on daily use.
• Please ensure that the available phone storage is more than 5GB. Otherwise there will be a risk of update failure (To check the phone storage head to Settings > Additional Settings > Storage).
• Due to unpredictable factors such as network communication and strategy adjustment, it is not possible to guarantee that every applicant will receive the update. In case the update is not received, we suggest you patiently wait for the official release.
Can I roll back my device to Android 10?
Yes, realme provides an option to roll back to Android 10. Though, the company warns users that their personal data will be erased if they want to roll back to Android 10 based realme UI 1.0. Also, users will not receive Early Access version update after they roll back to Android 10. Users can head over to this post to check out the roll-back procedure.
Android 11 based realme UI 2.0 Features!
Android 11 based realme UI 2.0 comes with new features such as System Cloner, Quick Return Bubble, Enhanced Dark Mode, New App Drawer, Third-party Icon Support, Redesigned Notification Panel, Revamped Always-On display, Improved Game Space, and more. Head over to this post to check out all the Android 11 based realme UI 2.0 features in detail.