OPPO recently announced A93 5G, the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone that has started rolling out in China. It features a 6.5-inch FHD+ LCD 90Hz display with 180Hz touch sampling rate, 90.5% screen-to-body ratio and an 8-megapixel punch-hole camera, is powered by the latest Snapdragon 480 SoC with support for 5G SA/NSA, 8GB of RAM, runs Android 11 with ColorOS 11.1 on top, packs triple rear cameras that includes a 48-megapixel main camera, 2-megapixel macro and a 2-megapixel portrait sensor.
It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner that can unlock the phone in 0.28 seconds and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging via USB Type-C.
OPPO A93 5G specifications
- 6.5-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ 90Hz LTPS LCD screen, 480 nits brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 480 8nm Mobile Platform (2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 540 CPUs) with Adreno 619 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, LED flash, 2MP depth and 2MP macro cameras with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 162.9×74.7×8.4mm; Weight: 188g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5.1GHz + 5.8GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4890mAh (minimum) battery with 18W charging
The OPPO A93 5G comes in Aurora, Black and Silver colours, is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 309 / Rs. 22,590 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage and is available for order in China. It will start selling the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version soon.