Xiaomi is all set to launch its Mi True Wireless Earphones 2 Basic, a cheaper version of the Mi True Wireless Earphones 2 in India as the company has started teasing it on its website as a device with a class-leading sound. It comes with Bluetooth 5.0, dual microphones for ENC, which is environmental noise cancellation during calls. The basic version has the same 14.2mm drivers, but only comes with AAC codec and not the LDHC Hi-Res audio codec.
The headset automatically connects with the phone running MIUI when you open the case and pick up the earphones. It promises 5 hours of standalone battery life and a total battery life of 20 hours with the case.
Mi True Wireless Earphones 2 Basic specifications
- Bluetooth 5.0 (SBC/AAC codes) to connect to Android and iOS devices
- 14.2mm drivers
- Touch controls for volume and track change
- Dual microphones for noise cancellation, voice control
- Infrared sensor for intelligent wear detection so it automatically pauses when you remove them
- Semi-in-ear design to fit your ear canal, making it comfortable to wear and doesn’t fall off easily.
- Each headset weigh just 4.7 grams, Case weighs 48 grams
- 5 hours of standalone playback, 20 hours with the case, USB Type-C charging for the case to charge in 1.5 hours
The Mi True Wireless Earphones 2 Basic comes in White colour. An early Flipkart listing reveals the price as Rs. 3499, but the final launch price should be cheaper. It is expected to be launched along with the Mi 10T series on October 15th.