LG has launched VELVET, the company’s latest mid-range 4G smartphone in India. Compared to the 5G version that is powered by Snapdragon 765G, the 4G version gets the Snapdragon 845 SoC. Other specifications are similar, including a 6.8-inch 20.5: 9 aspect ratio Cinema FullVision Full HD+ OLED display with Waterdrop Camera that houses a 16-megapixel camera, 6GB of RAM and a Waterdrop Camera camera design in which 48MP main + 8MP ultra-wide + 5MP depth triple rear cameras and a flash are arranged in a vertical direction as if water droplets are falling.
It has a ‘3D arc design’, which gently bends the left and right ends of the front display, and the rear cover is also bent at the same angle, and viewed from the bottom, it has a long oval shape. It has a metal frame and each corner has a balanced design that gives a sense of stability. The phone has stereo speakers and Artificial Intelligence Sound that automatically analyzes the content being played and sets the optimal audio quality. The phone packs a 4,300mAh battery with support for fast charging.
LG VELVET 4G specifications
- 6.8-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20.5: 9 aspect ratio OLED display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, LED flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/1.9 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 167.2×74.1×7.9mm; Weight: 180g
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4300mAh (Typical) battery with fast charging, 10w wireless charging
The LG VELVET 4G comes in Aurora Silver and New Black colours and is priced at Rs. 36,990 and the VELVET with Dual Screen combo is priced at Rs. 49,990. It will go on sale in India across online platforms and offline stores from October 30th.