LG has launched K42, the company’s latest smartphone in the K series in India after it was introduced back in September last year. It features a 6.6 20:9 HD+ FullVision punch-hole display, features quad-camera array consisting of 13MP rear camera, 5MP Ultra Wide, 2MP Depth camera and a 2MP Macro camera. The smartphone also sports an 8MP front camera.
It has LG’s 3D sound engine,4000mAH battery, Side-Mounted Fingerprint Sensor and has been verified by strict US Military Standard Tests — MIL-STD-810G for durability. It has a dedicated Google Assistant button, Pressing the Assistant Button once instantly launches Google Assistant and pressing it twice launches Visual Snapshot that show weather, schedule, and other information. It can also be used as a walkie-talkie for quick voice command by pressing and holding the button.
LG K42 specifications
- 6.6-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) 20:9 HD+ FullVision Display
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 10
- 13MP rear camera, 5MP 115° Ultra-wide sensor, 2MP macro sensor, 2MP depth sensor, LED Flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, LG 3D Sound Engine
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor, Google Assistant Button
- MIL-STD 810G Compliance
- Dimensions: 165.0 x 76.7 x 8.4 mm; Weight: 182g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS / GLONASS, USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Gen 1 Compatible)
- 4000mAh built-in battery
The LG K42 comes in Green and Gray colours, is priced at Rs. 10,990 and will be available from Flipkart starting from January 26th. LG will also be providing customers with a 2-year extended warranty along with a free one time screen replacement.
Commenting on the launch, Advait Vaidya, Business Head- Mobiles, LG India, said:
Consumers today are looking for affordable smartphones that not only sport an advanced camera technology but also has a sturdy build for longer life. Catering to this need, the LG K42 sets new standards of performance, innovation, and durability. The K42 with its quad-camera arrays, immersive large-screen displays, cutting-edge features and military grade durability is a value for money product that will provide the right edge to our new age consumers. We are confident that the K42 will be a game changer in the category and deliver an elevated experience to our consumers. We are firmly committed to the Make in India vision and the LGK42 will be made in India.