realme launched realme 5i in India running ColorOS 6.1 on top of Android 9.0 (Pie). To recall, realme 5i features a sunrise design that offers a good grip and doesn’t attract fingerprint. All the specifications are identical to the realme 5, except the 8MP front camera compared to 13MP camera in the realme 5 and 5s. realme 5i has already started receiving Android 10 based realme UI 1.0 update.
realme UI brings new features such as dual earphone connection, animated wallpapers, screen-off display, customizable icon shape, new charging animation, realme Share (cross-brand file-sharing technology) and more. Check out this post to learn about new features that realme UI brings to realme 5i.
realme doesn’t follow a fixed update frequency but the company rolls out updates frequently. This post will help our readers in keeping track of realme UI updates for realme 5i (RMX2030), also check out our realme 5i content,
Updates rolled out for the realme 5i so far,
- [Spe 6, 2020]: realme has started rolling out C.55 with August Android security patch. The update weighs just 265MBs in size, and brings smooth scrolling and super nighttime standby features (can be found under realme Lab section) along with new toggles for OTG Switch and focus mode in the quick setting notification panel and several other optimizations. [Download Link]
- [Jul 31, 2020]: realme has started rolling out C.53 with July Android security patch. The update fixes the glitch due to which the screen turned black while switching to PUBG from recent interface. The update also brings optimized image quality for night mode and fixes the issue due to which images turned greenish when shooting with flash on in certain settings. Turning on/off flight mode will not affect Bluetooth status of the device is also a feature that C.53 update brings to realme 5i. [Download Link]
- [Jun 29, 2020]: realme has started rolling out C.49 update with June Android security patch. The update weighs just 238 MBs in size and fixes most of the existing bugs. [Download Link]
- [Jun 10, 2020]: realme has started rolling out C.47 update. The update weighs 251 MBs in size for those who had updated their devices to C.45 version and update size will be over 2 GBs for others. [Download Link]
- [May 31, 2020]: realme has started rolling out Android 10 based realme UI 1.0 update to realme 5i users in India. The update comes as C.45 and weighs over 2 GBs in size. It is a stable roll-out as reported by multiple users on realme Community.
- [May 23, 2020]: realme has started rolling out Android 10 based realme UI 1.0 update to realme 5i users in India. The update comes as C.37. Note that the update is rolled out only for the users who are selected for the early access program.
- [May 22, 2020]: realme has announced realme UI Early Access program for realme 5i.
- [Apr 24, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX2030EX_11_A.19 update with April Android security patch. The update brings camera optimizations. [Download Link]
- [Mar 29, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX2030EX_11_A.18 update with March Android security patch. The update brings several camera optimizations and improvements along with fix for inaccurate automatic brightness bug. [Download Link]
- [Feb 25, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX2030EX_11_A.16 update with February security patch. The update brings Airtel and Jio VoWiFi to the device along with camera improvements. [Download Link]
- [Jan 23, 2020]: realme 5i will be upgraded to Android 10 based realme UI in May 2020, confirms realme.
- [Jan 15, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX2030EX_11_A.14 update with December security patch. The update brings camera improvement along with headphone related minor bug fix. [Download Link]
Note that realme follows staged rollout and the updates are randomly pushed to a limited number of users and a broader rollout usually takes a few days after the company makes sure there are no critical bugs.
● Android Security Patch: August, 2020
● Added Super nighttime standby feature
● Added Smooth scrolling feature
● Added long press to copy IMEI in the status information interface
● Optimized the default display of battery percentage
● Added long press to uninstall apps directly in the app drawer
● Fixed the issue that the split screen cannot be used after enable the third-party launcher
● Added independent Switch toggles of focus mode
● Added OTG Switch toggle to notification panel
● Optimized status bar viewing, added second display option
● Optimized viewing for system update prompt pop-up window
● Fixed the issue that the preview and video recording interfaces are dimmed in night scenes while using third-party applications