realme launched the realme X2 smartphone running ColorOS 6.1 realme edition on top of Android 9.0 (Pie). The smartphone has already received Android 10 based realme UI 1.0 update. realme UI brings new features such as dual earphone connection, animated wallpapers, screen-off display, customizable icon shape, new charging animation, realme Share (cross-brand file-sharing technology) and more. Check out this post to learn about new features that realme UI brings to realme X2. realme has already confirmed that realme X2 will receive Android 11 based realme UI 2.0 update in January 2021.
realme doesn’t follow a fixed update frequency but the company rolls out updates frequently. This post will help our readers in keeping track of realme UI updates for realme X2, also check out our realme X2 content,
realme UI updates rolled out for the realme X2 so far,
- [Nov 25, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1992EX_11_C.14 update with November Android security patch. The update weighs 389MBs in size, and brings a toggle for system icons in the Status Bar. The update also a new toggle under the Eye Comfort display settings, which lets users schedule it between Sunset and Sunrise. realme has also added a new option that lets you opt-in to display the keyboard as soon as you open app drawer. Apart from these new features, realme has also optimized the logic of the default state of the Brightness lock, and the interactive mode for screenshot floating preview. The update also fixes a few issues such as the issue of the screen-off gesture feature in some scenarios.
Security ● Updated Android security patch: Nov, 2020 Game Space ● Optimized the logic of the default state of the Brightness lock Settings ● Added a toggle for displaying keyboard function when entering app drawer ● Added a toggle for From Sunset to Sunrise option of Eye comfort ● Added a toggle for the system icons in the statuts bar ● Optimized the interactive mode for screenshot floating preview ● Optimized the data package limit ● Fixed the probabilistic issue of the screen-off gesture feature in some scenarios Alarm ● Fixed the probabilistic issue when clicking "More Settings" in the alarm details page after switching off the ringing alarm
- [Oct 21, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1992EX_11_C.13 update. [Download Link]
System ● Fixed the probabilistic issue that brightness drop to the minimum under a strong light source
- [Sep 21, 2020]: realme X2 will be upgraded to Android 11 based realme UI 2.0 in Jan 2021, confirms realme.
- [Sep 19, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1992EX_11_C.12 with September Android security patch. The update weighs just 690MBs in size and brings Super nighttime standby and DC dimming features both of which can be found under realme Lab section. It also brings the Soloop video editing application, an all-new Deep Cleanup feature, Super Power Saving Mode along with the multi-user feature. This update also adds a toggle for OTG Switch and focus mode in the quick setting notification panel. The update also brings several optimizations and bug fixes along with the aforementioned features. [Download Link]
Security ● Android Security Patch: September, 2020 realme Lab ● Added Super nighttime standby feature ● Added DC dimming feature: Formerly known as Low-brightness flicker-free eye Applications ● Added Soloop app Settings ● Added Deep cleanup feature in Process Manager ● Added return button in the screenshot preview interface ● Added long press to copy IMEI in the status information interface ● Added automatic download option for app updates when connected to Wi-Fi ● Added time display options for the status bar ● Added shortcuts at the bottom of Settings ● Added Multi-user feature ● Added Super Power Saving Mode ● Added Icon Pull-down gesture feature in launcher settings ● Added auto scroll feature in scrolling screenshot ● Optimized the logic of connection in the WLAN setting interface Status Bar ● Added OTG Switch toggle to notification panel ● Added independent Switch toggles of focus mode ● Optimized viewing for system update prompt pop-up window ● Optimized "Mute-Bell-Vibrate" icon state ● Fixed the probabilistic notification fail to redirect issue Lock screen ● Fixed font display issue of charging animation ● Fixed the probabilistic flickering issue while waking the screen Camera ● Fixed the probabilistic camera shake issue in some scenarios System ● Added the feature of long press the icon to uninstall the app in the drawer mode ● Added sweeping effect for the icon of newly installed App ● Fixed the probabilistic issue that icons are not displayed and cannot slide in some scenarios ● Fixed the probabilistic lagging issue while calling up the recent apps
- [Jul 30, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1992EX_11_C.11 update with July Android security patch. The update weighs 283 MBs in size and brings smooth scrolling feature which can be found under realme Lab section. After the update, turning on/off flight mode will not affect Bluetooth status of the device. This update also brings fix for Phone Manager, Game Space, Status Bar, and Notification Drawer related issues. As per several users on realme Community, realme has also removed Cleaner and Virus Scan from Phone Manager. [Download Link]
Security ● Updated Android Security Patch: July, 2020 realme Lab ● Added smooth scrolling feature System ● Optimized flight mode, Bluetooth status will not be affected after flight mode is turned on Phone Manager ● Fixed the overlapped text display issue in Phone Manager Bluetooth ● Fixed the abnormal prompt display issue when exiting from the Bluetooth device detection interface Status Bar ● Fixed the display issue in status bar Notification Drawer ● Fixed the probabilistic reset button failure issue when editing Game Space ● Fixed the status bar display issue in network acceleration interface under dark mode ● Fixed the probabilistic crash issue when click agree for storage permission Pop-up ● Fixed the abnormal display issue when open Game Space from home screen
- [Jun 22, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1992EX_11_C.09 update with June Android security patch. The update weighs 269 MBs in size, adds realme PaySa app as a system app, and brings optimizations to the device. [Download Link]
Security ● Android security patch: June, 2020 Applications ● Added realme PaySa Optimization ● Optimized the height of status bar ● Optimized the transparency of the slide back gestures style System ● Fixed some known issues and improved system stability
- [May 21, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1992EX_11_C.08 update with May Android security patch. The update weighs 316 MBs in size and brings new charging animation along with DocVault ID feature and other bug fixes. [Download Link]
Security ● Android security patch: May, 2020 Applications ● Added realme link ● Added DocVault November Screen Recording ● Optimized screen recording feature Battery ● Updated charging animation ● Fixed the issue of power jump during charging in some scenes ● Fixed the issue of debris detected prompt System ● Fixed the issue of touchscreen failure in some scenes during PUBG ● Fixed the issue of sound error when entering Gods of Boom ● Fixed some known issues and improved system stability
- [Apr 29, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1992EX_11_C.07 update. The update weighs just 206 MBs in size and fixes silent video playback issue.
Known issue fixed ● Fixed the issue of silent video playback after recording in some scenes
- [Apr 22, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1992EX_11_C.06 update with April Android security patch. The update weighs 342 MBs in size and brings multiple bug fixes to improve overall performance.
- [Mar 27, 2020]: realme has started rolling out Android 10 based realme UI 1.0 to realme X2. The update comes as RMX1992EX_11_C.05, weighs 3.31 GB in size and brings March Android security patch. [Download Link]
- [Mar 3, 2020]: realme announces realme UI early access program for realme X2 ahead of stable roll out later this month.
- [Feb 25, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1992EX_11.A.19 with February security patch. The update brings Airtel and Jio VoWiFi feature and sunset to sunrise dark mode feature. [Download Link]
Security ● Android security patch: February, 2020 Dark Mode ● Added from sunset to sunrise and schedule time feature Network ● Added Airtel and Jio vowifi feature
- [Jan 29, 2020]: realme official Francis Wang has confirmed that realme X series devices will receive two major Android updates, so we can expect realme X2 to receive Android 11 in the future.
- [Jan 22, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1992EX_11.A.18 with January security patch. The update weighs about 214 MBs in size and brings multiple bug fixes including error prompt issue while WhatsApp video call. [Download Link]
- [Jan 20, 2020]: realme announces realme UI Beta testing for realme X2.
- [Jan 3, 2020]: realme has started rolling out RMX1992EX_11.A.17 with December security patch. The update weighs about 265 MBs in size, adds a dark mode quick switch toggle in the notification panel and brings multiple bug fixes. [Download Link]
Security ● Android security patch: December, 2019 Audio ● Optimized the voice call quality of the third-party application Camera ● Optimized Nightscape quality of front camera Theme store ● Updated font change supporting in Theme Store Notification Center and Status Bar ● Added dark mode fast switch toggles in notification center ● Added personal hotspot data consumption display Power consumption ● Optimized standby power consumption in partial scenarios Known issue fixed ● Fixed the issue of low sound when connected to AirPods2 headset ● Fixed the problem that the background of the WhatsApp application dialog is not clear in dark mode ● Fixed the issue of camera overexposure in some scenes
- [Dec 23, 2019]: realme releases Android Pie based kernel source code for realme X2.
- [Dec 17, 2019]: realme X2 will be upgraded to Android 10 based realme UI in March 2020, confirms realme.
Note that realme follows staged rollout and the updates are randomly pushed to a limited number of users and a broader rollout usually takes a few days after the company makes sure there are no critical bugs.