Samsung announced the Galaxy Fit fitness tracker back in February last year and the successor was due for a refresh. Now, Samsung has announced the successor to the Galaxy Fit — Samsung Galaxy Fit2 with 3D glass display, automatic detection and tracking activities, and more.
The Galaxy Fit2 sports a 1.1-inch AMOLED display that is housed in 3D curved glass and the display has a peak brightness of 450 nits. The strap is made up of plastic material and as for the memory, the Fit2 features 2MB RAM and 32MB internal storage.
Further, the Fit2e can automatically detect and tracks up to 5 activities, and provide users with various insights such as heart rate, distance, and calories burned. There is a sleep tracking feature as well and there are support for Gyro, Photo plethysmography, and Accelerometer sensors. It is IP68 water resitant up to 5ATM and the 159mAh built-in battery lasts for up to 15 days according to the company. Samsung says that the Galaxy Fit2 is the perfect fitness companion with a slim, lightweight design, long-lasting battery and advanced tracking features.
Samsung Galaxy Fit2 specifications
- Display: 1.1-inch (126 x 294) AMOLED display with 450 nits brighness
- RAM: 2MB; ROM: 32MB
- Plastic Strap
- Compatible with Android 5.0 or above with more than 1.5GB RAM and iPhone 7 and above running iOS 10.0 or above
- Activity tracking, Sleep tracking
- Sensors: Gyroscope, Photo plethysmography, and Accelerometer
- 5ATM + IP68 water resistance
- Dimensions: 46.6 x 18.6 x 11.3; Weight: 21g including strap
- Battery: 159mAh; up to 15 days battery life
Pricing and availability
The Galaxy Fit2 is priced at 49.99 Euro (US$ 59 / Rs. 4336 approx.) and will be available in Europe starting next month.