Xiaomi’s Redmi brand today confirmed the launch of Redmi 9A, the company’s latest budget smartphone in India on September 2nd. It was introduced back in June, packs a 6.53-inch LCD Dot Drop notch screen, 5000mAh battery, Octa Core MediaTek Helio G25 processor, 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front camera.
Redmi 9A specifications
- 6.53-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 IPS LCD Dot Drop screen
- 2GHz Octa Core MediaTek Helio G25 processor with IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR4x RAM, 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 164.9×77.07×9.0mm; Weight: 194g
- Splash proof (P2i coating)
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, micro USB
- 5000mAh battery with 10w charging
The Redmi 9A will be sold on Amazon.in, in addition to mi.com.
Redmi wired earphones
Xiaomi’s Redmi brand also confirmed the launch of new Redmi wired earphones in India on September 2nd along with the Redmi 9A. Even though Xiaomi had launched several in-ear wired earphones, this will be the first one to launch in India under the Redmi brand. This comes after the popular Redmi Buds S true-wireless in-ear buds that was launched back in May.
The company’s tweet says “Taking the plot forward, any guesses what are we talking about Eyes” with #WiredForEverything along with the date. The teaser also says that the headset will weigh just 13 grams.
We should know more details including the price on Wednesday.