OnePlus just launched the OnePlus 8T, the company’s latest flagship smartphone and the successor of OnePlus 8 in an online launch event, as it had promised. It has a 6.55-inch FHD+ Fluid AMOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR10+, and a 20:9 aspect ratio and a 16-megapixel in-screen camera with Sony IMX471 sensor. It has HDR 10+ support, tuned color accuracy rating of JNCD ~.0.3 for life-like quality and 8192 degrees of brightness adjustment. The OnePlus 8 has flat Corning Gorilla Glass protection, and has received A+ rating from DisplayMate.
The phone features is powered by Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 SoC with X55 5G modem that supports both NSA and SA 5G, vapour chamber that is 285% larger than the predecessor along with graphite for cooling, up to 12GB of RAM, and runs Android 11.0 with OxygenOS 11. It has a 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 16MP ultra-wide camera, 5MP macro camera and a 2MP monochrome lens. Some of the camera features include video night scape, video portrait and video tracking.
It comes with a glossy glass back in Aquamarine Green takes advantage of diffuse reflection, a form of light refraction that scatters light in an expansive array of angles and directions, and provides a clean, gleaming surface. The Lunar Silver colour features matte-frosted glass. It packs a 4500mAh (Twin 2250mAh batteries) and Warp Charge 65W charging that can charge the phone fully in just 39 minutes. It is equipped with 12 individual thermal monitors to keep charging temperatures at a safe level, said the company. The charger also supports up to 45W PD charging so that it supports devices such as laptops or tablets.
OnePlus 8T specifications
- 6.55-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 402 ppi 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+, 1100 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with OxygenOS 11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, OIS + EIS Hybrid stabilization, 16MP 116° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX481 sensor, 5MP 3cm macro camera, 2MP depth sensor, 4K video at 60fps, 720p slow motion at 480fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.45 aperture, EIS
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 160.7×74.1×8.4mm; Weight: 188g
- USB Type-C audio, Dual Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65 Fast Charging (10V/6.5A)
The OnePlus 8T comes in Aquamarine Green and Lunar Silver colours, is priced at Rs. 42,999 for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs Rs. 45,999. It will be available from Amazon.in and OnePlus.in online as well as OnePlus Experience stores from October 16.