HUAWEI has introduced 5G version of its MatePad tablet in China. It packs a 10.4-inch WUXGA+ screen, is powered by Kirin 820 5G SoC with SA / NSA, 6GB RAM with 128GB storage which can be expanded up to 512GB with microSD. It runs on EMUI 10.1 based on Android 10.
The tablet has support for HUAWEI M-Pencil for Graffiti painting, document processing, class notes, but needs to be purchased separately. Coming to the optics, the MatePad sports an 8MP rear and front cameras. The connectivity options include Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, and 4G LTE. Lastly, it packs a 7250mAh battery and weighs 460 grams.
HUAWEI MatePad 5G specifications
- 10.4-inch (2000 x 1200 pixel) IPS display with 470 nit brightness
- HUAWEI Kirin 820 5G (1 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36GHz + 3 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.22GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.84 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G57MP6 GPU, 1 x NPU (Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 6GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.1
- 8MP rear camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 245.2 x 154.96x 7.45 mm ; Weight:460g
- Quad speakers, four microphones
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, GLONASS, USB 2.0 Type-C
- 7250mAh (typical) / 7150mAh (minimum) battery with 22.5W fast charging
The HUAWEI MatePad 5G comes in Gray and White colours, is priced at 3199 yuan (US$ 473 / Rs. 34,800 approx.) and is already on sale from vmall in China.