Majority of the Indian 3G Data cards are locked by the company provider. To switch to another network provider you may need to unlock the Data Card first.
Steps to unlock the Data card using DC Un-locker software:
- Identify the model of your Dongle or Data card first (For ex:-Huawei, Micromax (MMX) ZTE etc
- Download the DC Un-locker software
- Open the rar file with winrar and just open the dccrap.exe
- Plug-in the and in DC un-locker click on “Select Manufacturer” in dropdown list select your “device manufacturer” and below in Select Model box leave it to “Auto detect”.
- As a final step, Click on Unlocking*
* For Huawei modem click Calculate to obtain the unlock code.
Steps to unlock the Data card using Universal master code:
- Download Universal master code (all latest software can be downloaded from Google).
- Plugin the dongle and run the software. Now enter IMEI number which you can note down form backside of your device.
- Click on calculate button. Now the Unlock code (usually 8 digit) and the Flash code will be visible. Please note down the unlock code for later use.
- You will be asked for the unlock code, enter the unlock code to unlock 3G data card.
- Now download and install Huawei E-173 Firmware in order to update device firmware.
- If the flash code or the Unlock code is asked enter respective code generated at step 3.
- Download the latest version of Huawei Mobile partner Software which is GUI Software to create a new profile to connect to the internet.
- Create a new profile by navigating to Tools>>Options>>Profile Management.
- As a final step, enter the APN and save the profile and click on the connect button.
- What is IEMI?
The International Mobile Equipment Identity is an address for your device so that it can be uniquely identified. You can see this on the back side of the device.
- PUK: Pin Unlock Key is used to unlock a locked SIM card.
What is APN?
- Reliance APN: rcomnet; Access Number: *99#
- Idea APN: internet; Access Number: *99#
- Docomo APN: TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET; Access Number: *99#
- Airtel APN: airtelgprs.com Access Number: *99#
- BSNL 3G APN: bsnlnet; Access Number: *99#
- BSNL 2G APN: bsnlnet; Access Number: *99#
- MTNL 3G Postpaid: APN: mtnl3g; Prepaid APN: pps3g Access Number: *99#
- Vodafone APN: Vodafone www ;Access Number: *99#
- Aircel APN: aircelgprs; Access Number: *99***1#