Apple just announced new iPad (8th Gen) at its ‘Time Flies’ event as expected. It packs a 10.2-inch Retina Display, A12 Bionic chip with 2x faster graphics compared to previous generation, has support for Apple Pencil, smart keyboard, has an 8MP camera, and comes with Gigabit LTE option as well.
Apple iPad 8th Gen (2020) specifications
- 10.2-inch (2160 x 1620pixels) Retina display with 500 nits brightness, 264 PPI
- Octa-Core A12 Bionic 7nm chip with 64-bit architecture
- 32GB/128GB variants
- iOS 14
- 8MP camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5P lens, Hybrid IR filter
- 1.2MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture, Retina Flash
- Dual microphones for calls, Stereo speakers
- Gigabit 4G LTE (optional), Wi‑Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2
- Touch ID, Stereo speakers, Dual microphones
- Dimensions: 250.6x 174.1x 7.5mm; Weight: 490g (Wi-Fi) / 495g (4G)
- 32.4-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery with Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music, Wi-Fi + Cellular models up to 9 hours of surfing the web using cellular data network, USB Type-C power adapter
Pricing and availability
The Apple iPad 8th Gen comes in Silver, Space Gray and Gold colours, starts at Rs. 29,900 for the 32GB Wi-Fi version, and Rs. 37900 for the 128GB WiFi version. The 32GB Wi-Fi + Cellular version costs Rs. 41,900 and the 128GB version of if is priced at Rs. 48,900. Apple Pencil (1st generation) costs Rs. 8500, Smart Keyboard for iPad costs Rs. 13900, Smart Covers for iPad are available for Rs. 4500 in black, white, and three new seasonal colours including deep navy, cyprus green, and pink citrus. The new iPad (8th generation) will be available soon at Apple Authorised Resellers in India.